The Jan Juc SLSC Summer Holiday Program is an exciting recreational and educational program that provides members with a wide range of opportunities including physical activity, social interaction and surf awareness.
This national education program is designed for 6 – 12 year olds and is structured to provide a continual development of surf awareness specific to their ages and abilities throughout the lifesaving education program. Following the Summer Holiday Program participants should have a good awareness of beach hazards such as waves and rips and also have a basic knowledge of resuscitation and basic first aid. This education program provides young members of Surf Lifesaving with developmental lessons that provide an introduction into the surf awareness and surf safety aspects of the Surf Rescue Cetificate (SRC). The SRC is the introductory award for a cadet patrolling lifesaver (13 – 15).
To submit your memberships, go to Signing Up for 2019/2020
Click to submit Nipper Registrations
You MUST submit the correct Age Group Nipper Registration form for any nipper who wishes to particpate in the Nipper Programs.
Click to complete Preliminary Swim Assessment
Evidence of the nipper’s swimming competency MUST be provided before participating in any water-based activities, Evidence can take the form of:
- A nipper’s Competition Skills Evaluation (S-Badge) from the 2018/2019 season.
- Assessment by the Age Group Coach at the Competition Program session on 13 October 2019.
- Return of this Preliminary Swim Assessment form to the Age Group Team Manager after it is signed by a parent AND a qualified coach/swim teacher/lifeguard. This form is MANDATORY for all U7-U9 nippers and any new nippers in other age groups if you miss the assessment opportunity on 13 October.
Click for information about Nipper Communications
- You are encouraged to register for Team App as Nipper communications are issued via this medium (including urgent relocation instructions).
- Communications are also sent to the email address and mobile phone number recorded for nippers – not the address and mobile phone number for the nipper parent.