JJ SLSC provides a number of protection measures to ensure our Nippers are as safe as possible:
• All members involved with nippers who are over 18 (including all Nipper parents) are required to have a Working with Children Check.
• A water safety check list is carried out at every session.
• All Age Group Managers in the Surf Education Program are equipped for the role through an induction course and SRC/Bronze Medallion course. Most are experienced Lifesavers or Lifeguards.
• The required number of water safety officers are in the water with the nippers at all times.
• A first aid officer is available at each session as well as at carnivals.
• A first aid kit, oxygen and defibrillator is at every session and carnival.
• If conditions are precarious, the program will be adjusted accordingly.
• A Member Protection Officer is available for all Junior Members.
• A COVIDSafe plan is in place Our programs are not a babysitting service.
A responsible adult MUST be present at the sessions at all times. If you are called away in an emergency you MUST notify the Age Group Team Manager and leave a contact mobile phone number.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure our Nippers are kept safe we remind you that this is an ocean sports program with inherent risks. You play an important role in understanding your child’s capability and limitations and we ask you to advise the relevant coaches and age managers of any concerns throughout the program.